This statement has been approved by Leabrand LTD. It is published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. The hard copy was signed by Pam Cheema, the Director. It will be reviewed annually (Next review is in August 2021).
Modern slavery is a criminal activity and a violation of human rights. We all have a responsibility to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking happening within our business and supply chains.
Our business management system makes sure that we operate fair and transparent systems, compliant with all areas of UK legislation. They include policies on:
- Modern Slavery
- Prevention of illegal working
- Purchasing and supplier approval
- Subcontractor management
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Corporate social responsibility
Identification of risks, prevention and management
We are doing everything we can to combat modern slavery and labour exploitation. We continue to review the risks within our business and our supply chain. Steps already in place to prevent and manage that risk are:
- Face-to-face individual interviews with all workers to gauge willingness, ability and qualification to carry out the specific job role
- Stringent verification of identity documents and right to work in the UK documentation carried out by trained staff
- Reference checks on all workers
- An induction providing information on statutory rights and company policies and procedures.
- Transparent and detailed terms of engagement provided to all workers
- Detailed payslips provided weekly
- Wages are paid into personal bank accounts
- Fair access to training, development and promotion opportunities.
Modern Slavery Awareness:
- Delivery of modern slavery training sessions and stand-down days for site staff.
- Delivery of bespoke modern slavery presentation to office staff, focusing on areas of risk, spotting the signs and how to report it.
- Posters displayed in multiple languages in welfare facilities.
- Payslip messages
- Social media and staff e-news.
Due diligence in business and supply chain
We check people have the right to work in the UK. In developing our strategy and policy in relation to modern slavery we have taken the following steps:
- We include modern slavery questions in our pre-qualification suppliers questionnaire form.
- Due diligence monthly reports on workers check for:
- Duplicate bank account details
- Houses with multiple occupancy
- Refresher documentation verification training by the Metropolitan police to all staff involved in recruitment and compliance to check the validity of identity documents.
- We carry out periodic internal audits on high risk groups as defined by the GLAA
- We have key influencers on site who are trained in spotting the signs of modern slavery, and in our reporting process.
If you have any concerns in relation to modern slavery it is essential that you report them. You can report it to Leabrand LTD in confidence and anonymously.
Report to Leabrand management: [email protected]
Tell your Leabrand LTD Labour manager
You can also report directly to the authorities:
- Modern slavery helping 0808 801 0372 8am to 8pm – 7 days a week
- Download the Unseen app
Do not try to deal with the situation yourself unless the person is in immediate danger. If there is immediate danger call the police on 999.